Express your study abroad experience visually.
Adelphi students who study abroad often take remarkable photos of their experiences.
» See Winners of the Fourth Annual Study Abroad Photo Contest
How to Enter the Contest
2016 Adelphi Study Abroad Photo Contest! Students who participate in study abroad from September 2015 to August 2016 are eligible to submit up to three photos that characterize their experience abroad.
Photo Contest Category:
- Does the photograph express something about the culture, people or traditions of the host country?
- Global Culture and People
- Does the photograph have a recognizable landmark associated with the country?
- Does the photograph showcase a student experiencing their host country?
- Entries must be original photographs, taken by or featuring you during a study abroad experience.
- Photos must have been taken between September 2015 and August 2016.
- Photos featuring students (you or others) are strongly encouraged.
- Photos should express the culture, people or traditions of the host country.
- Deadline for entries is September 23, 2016.
- All entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
In addition to the photograph, include:
- Title of the study abroad program and term
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Location of photo
- High resolution photographs should be submitted in electronic format (jpg). Photographs will need to be of high enough resolution to be enlarged to either 16×20 or 20×36. Resolution must be at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).
- Photo files should be named with your first initial, last name and the number of the entry
(i.e. if submitting three photos from Brad Smith – bsmith1, bsmith2, and bsmith3).
- Up to three photographs may be submitted per entrant.
- Entries will be evaluated on content and representation of the study abroad experience.
First place winners will receive a $50 University Bookstore gift card. The winning photos will be used to promote study abroad at Adelphi University. Adelphi University retains the right to use photos in print and online publications and marketing initiatives.
Selected entries will be displayed on our website as well as at a reception in the University Center during International Education Week (Dates TBA). Winners will be notified by email.