Incoming Exchange Students
Study abroad at Adelphi on Long Island, New York.
Study Abroad at Adelphi University in New York is open to exchange students from Adelphi Exchange Partners. Exchange students continue to pay their home school tuition and fees and are responsible to pay for their airfare, room and board at Adelphi, and personal expenses. The Center for International Education assists exchange students with course placement, housing and immigration documents. Interested students should consult with their home university exchange coordinator to be nominated. Once a student is nominated, the CIE will send additional application instructions.
Protocol for Exchange Student Applications
- Nomination from the exchange partner (March 1st for Summer, May 1st for Fall and November 1st for Spring).
- Exchange Student Application is submitted to the Center for International Education (CIE) with supporting documentation:
- Transcript (with English translation if required) can be sent as a PDF from your exchange coordinator
- Print out of current class schedule
- Academic statement – submit a statement of 500 words or less describing why you would like to study at Adelphi
- English proficiency results if required
- A scan of your passport and photo page
- An e-mail sent from your home institution’s exchange coordinator in support of your application
- Academic Acceptance
- International Student Services sends DS-2019 Form and three original acceptance letters for visa purposes.
- Visiting students apply for campus residence through the CIE.
- CIE assists students with course registration.
- International Student Services provides orientation and immigration assistance.